Style Manila covers the metropolitan style of Manila, the style that’s rich in flavor. Formally launched on January 2007, this blog, aside from covering local fashion and beauty trends, events, and looks, also shows how expressing individual style is possible for women of all shapes and sizes. Style Manila appeals to people who are interested in Manileno and International fashion, including women who are mulling over future shopping trips.
My ultimate goal is not to tell the Philippine society to dress the same way but for them to find a way to express their individuality through fashion — this distinctly defines the concept of Style Manila.
I believe that Philippine fashion, Manila fashion in particular, is rich in flavour. From the numerous and notable fashion designers and fashion brands, I’ve come to realise how incredibly fashion-forward the country can be. Fashionistas thrive on the mall-ified influence of our country. Shopping has somehow become a bona fide activity that shoppers can be considered hobbyists. And then there are the western influences that traveling and media have introduced.
The aesthetics of fashion is not something limited to the young and beautiful but is and should be made available to women of all shapes and sizes. This just means that I won’t be focusing my eyes on models or celebrities alone. Rather, I’d also want to highlight what’s really out there and not just what’s on the glossy magazines.
Am I merely chronicling the fashion and style in our country? Not just. I’m also hoping to define, classify and share it.
The world deserves to know.
— Sasha Manuel, Founder & Chief Editor
Follow her on Twitter: @angelisophia
Fashion – firstname.lastname@example.org
Beauty – email@example.com
Shopping – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manila Bulletin Feature, January 2007
- BLOG O RAMA: Interview With A Lifestyle (Pro) Blogger, Manila Bulletin, 28 January 2007
- Blogging the Philippine Blog Awards, Philippine Daily Inquirer, March 2007 (link no longer available)
- Aryty Launch and the Use of Blogs as Marketing Tool, Manila Bulletin, 15 June 2007
- Styling Project: Mix & Match Fashion Segment, ABS-CBN Umagang Kay Ganda, 17 July 2007
- A blogger mixer in Manila with Shai Coggins of b5media, Manila Bulletin, 04 December 2007
- KANDI-licious, CIRCUIT TRAINING, Philippine Star, 07 March 2008
- Where Dreams Came True, Super, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 15 March 2008 (link no longer available)
- Shout Outs to Style, Arts & Living, Manila Bulletin, 06 April 2008
- Hue still got it, CIRCUIT TRAINING, Philippine Star, 11 April 2008
- 13 DIY At-Home Spa Tricks, GLAMOUR, November 2008
- Online Racing, Ivy League Education, Fashion Tips and Net-tionary, QTube, QTV-11, 16 April 2009
- Fashion Blogging segment, Fit & Fab, QTV-11, 01 July 2009
- The dish on local fashion in Style Manila, Manila Bulletin | Lifestyle – Technology, 10 August 2009
- 3 tips to become a budget travel pro, Manila Bulletin | Lifestyle – Travel, 15 August 2009
- Band of Bloggers, UNO Magazine, October 2009
- Where it’s @, Philippine Star, July 2010
- Do You Trust Your Own Beauty, DOVE Philippines, August 2010
- Top 10 for 2010 – Fashion, MoneySense Magazine November-December 2010
- Featured Blogger for Fashion & Beauty, UNBLOGGED, Philippine Star, November 2010 to May 2011
- Career Jam, Studio 23, August 2011
- Unang Hirit, GMA 7, December 2011
- Fashion Columnist, MoneySense Magazine, January to December 2011
- Stylin’ in the Sun, BusinessWorld, March 2012
- Featured Blogger for Fashion & Beauty, UNBLOGGED, Philippine Star, October 2012 to December 2012
- Lovely Days, Style Weekend, Manila Bulletin, 01 March 2013
- How To Dress For Work, Lifestyle Section, Homegrown.ph, 19 March 2013