You know those people who say being dead is not a costume? Yeah who cares about those people.
This is the day of the dead! And for the living – an excuse to party!
Last minute skull makeup with Hannah as my dead kid accomplice. Quite easy.
Don’t hurry. Paint early.
Sometimes using your fingertips to contour can be better.
Start with the eyes, then the cheeks, then apply the “teethmarks”. Add contour and details after.
Make sure you don’t make the eyes to circular or you’ll end up looking like a puppy.
All you need:
1. Black face paint (has to be a good one or the it won’t be black enough)
2. OR black gel liner (which is what we ended up using for the whole face because our face paint kinda sucked)
3. Small paintbrush or eyeliner brush
4. Light foundation (which I mixed with a bit of white face paint)
5. Black eyeshadow and applicator (for the shadows, contouring of skull on forehead/temples)
6. A permanent scowl
I’m not a big Halloween person but you know what they say: No Costume, No Candy.
IKONIKA rockin the house!
Eena x Hannah
Other Photos from Black Market & Brendan Goco